The wonderful Quirky Kay nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
If you haven’t already, check out her blog at the link above and to see her nominating post; click here. Thank you for the thought Quirky, you’re awesome!
This award goes to positive and uplifting blogs that make the blogging world/any world a better place =)
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to your blog.
- Answer the 11 Questions The Blogger asked to your blog.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or on your blog.
11 questions for me to answer by Quirky Kay:
BTW Quirky Kay, these were some outstanding questions, really made me think a bit on some of them – well done!
- Describe yourself in 3 words. (going to steal this question)Thoughtful. Ridiculous. Tacos.
- What’s the funniest pick up line you have heard or used? “Do you have anything with kittens on it?” Works every time 😉 what makes this extra funny for me is that this is how I met my wife – she worked in retail. That’s a true success story!
- What movie sums up your life best? Pacific Rim. I know what your thinking ‘omg how is that the case?’. Well there is a whole psychological explanation that I have, but I can sum it up with – “there is always a bigger challenge ahead of you”.
- ‘Rules are made to be broken’ True or false, explain your reasoning. This seems like a trick question. Rules aren’t made to be broken – quite the opposite. When a “rule” is made, it’s designed to limit and restrict whatever/whomever it effects from an experience, typically for an indefinite period of time. Now what I have noticed, both from experience and witness, is that most of these rules are redundant or outdated; sometimes designed under the guise of something no longer relevant. In order to achieve greatness, happiness or a life worth living; you must break them – sometimes.
- What’s the strangest thing that you have seen in someone else’s home? Fried queen bees, I was tricked into eating one. Not as tasty as they sound…
- If you were a chocolate what would you be and why? Dark chocolate with raspberry because it’s super smooth and has an expensive taste.
- What’s the funniest rumor you’ve heard about yourself? There are so many old HS rumors about me that are hysterical, most of them are sexual and inappropriate to share on here. A great one was that my old friend Eric and I, ditched out dates and went to prom together – then we cut out early and went on a romantic boat-ride. What made it more funny was that neither one of us went to prom at all!
- What is the best underhanded compliment you’ve received? “Some of us aren’t here to make a difference or ‘make people better’, some of us are here to do a job.” I think it was meant as an insult, but I think it was great!
- What is the song you hate the most but can’t get the theme tune out of your head? It’s not even a song; its the old commercial jingle for the kids tabletop game; Crossfire.
- What’s your signature dish? Most would say Taco Bell, but secretly it is eggs in a basket.
- Do UFO’s exist? Yes, life is not exclusive to a single planet in an infinite space and let’s face it; we are not so advanced that we would be leading the pack.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
11 questions for nominees are:
1. Describe yourself in 3 words.
2. Do you believe in fate?
3. If you could have 1 car, right now, for free; what would it be?
4. Where is your dream vacation and who’s with you (anywhere/anyone in the world)?
5. What album ties to some old pleasant memories?
6. How often do you dream and what do you dream about?
7. What advice would you give to someone whom is depressed with where they are in life?
8. NASA is recruiting for a one way mission to colonize a faraway planet, would you go and why?
9. You are cast for a high paying role in a popular tv show (you pick), but you have to be a feeble racist antagonist, using your really name, and who dies horribly in a realistic way (insert your fear here) at the end. The script seems less about the plot and more about bashing you – would you do it?
10. Your life is cast for a movie – what actor/actress (it can’t be you because your villain role wasn’t well received by audiences) would play you?
11. What can you do to make your own life better – starting today?
Thank you all for the wonderful content you share with the worl, I look forward to your responses!
And thank you to all our humbled readers for sharing your time and comments with us – it means the world to us!