“I’ve been nominated for the LIEBSTER Award!
So I might not ordinarily do this, but I was completely blown away by the honorable mention her Eleanor’s post. Eleanor Wagner is the author of Dream a Little Dream, published by Whimsical Publications LLC and blogger whom you can learn more about here.
You can see the original post by clicking here.
And I have copied it below:
What are the Official Liebster Rules?
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out, as well.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) Using the Liebster Link I provided above, you can find at the bottom of the post a whole lot of images you can use for your Liebster Award.
3. Nominate 5 – 11 or more blogs that you feel deserve the award.
4. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
5. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Part I – Questions for me to answer from MC Grimm, my thoughtful
1. What inspires you?
Pretty much everything inspires me, especially personal situations and things I encounter in my daily life, people and places. I literally have a book that I jot things down in that I refer back to when writing.
2. How do you define a ‘good friend’ and who are yours?
I remember somebody once telling me, “If you can count the number of good friends on one hand, consider yourself lucky.” And, I never forgot this. It is absolutely true. People have come and gone in my life over and over again – some of which that I felt and thought were the ‘best’ and ‘closest’ friends a girl could have only to find out that I had been wrong on so many levels. Each one of these losses helped me to be stronger and more prepared for the next so that as I got older, I became more careful when choosing and less quick to trust for fear of being hurt and let down yet again. “The older, the wiser” also rings true, because it has led me to find two of the dearest friends anyone would wish to have (sisters to me actually, in every sense of the word). Kim Orme Davies and Dawn Cagle Maffetone – thank you for showing me the true meaning of a sister and friend. You have been there for me through thick and thin – when I needed you the most. You accept me for who I am – faults and all. I could never have made it through the last 20 years without either of you. You are near and dear to my heart ALWAYS.
3. What food makes you hungry just thinking about it?
Guacamole. ‘Nuff said. The end.
4. What is your dream job? How can you do it?
My dream job is to write 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I can achieve this by continually plugging at it for as often as I can find the time wherever I may be.
5. What was the best day of your life and why?
I cannot limit this question to one specific time, because there are so many ‘best days’ that have affected me in the most wonderful of ways, but I can certainly say that the birth of each of my daughters is right up there at the top of my list. They are the joys of my life and I am thrilled to be their Mama and have the opportunity to be their friend, confidant, and guide while I watch them grow.
6. How often do you daydream?
Although I daydream while driving, showering and washing the dishes, I also daydream every night as I lay down to go to bed.
I daydream about what it is I can write about. Or I put myself in a story of my choosing. Then, I fall asleep and finish the rest of my daydream in an actual night dream and live through it. lol
7. How easy would it be to live without any technology for a month?
I’m sure that I would find it a bit difficult to be without technology for a month, but I lived without it when I was growing up, I am sure I could do it again. All I would need is a pen and some paper and I’d be good. Frustrated a bit at how long things would take me to write down, but relieved that I would at least have that much.
8. Define Love.
Love is unconditional giving of yourself in every way.
9. Do you think Harry and Hermione should’ve been together instead of Ron?
Absolutely not. I do not think Harry and Hermione should have ended up together. I was thrilled that Hermione ended up with Ron. On an entirely different point, I was saddened the author killed off the twin brother. And, Snape is my favorite character and I knew the whole time deep down inside what his truth was.
10. Have you ever had an epiphany? If so, what?
Yes, I have had epiphanies. Time and time again a flash would go through my brain of something and I would pay it no attention. One time, it was like a slap in the head, because I had envisioned something earlier that morning, didn’t do anything about it, and it actually happened. What happened was not good, and I was absolutely miserable over it. Since then, I learn to trust those instincts and follow through with what they say in order to avoid having an epiphany such as the one I had.
11. If you were emperor/empress of the world, how would you use your power?
I am a huge animal lover, so if I were an empress I would use my power to help and heal the hurt all over the planet of animals suffering due to some sort of abuse, neglect and selfishness. I have such a strong heart for children, as well, and would like to help them in any way that is needed.
Part II: Nominate
(Should you accept my nomination and thereby post your acceptance by sharing the Liebster Award)
1. Viktoria-Leigh Wagner
2. Rox Alvarado
3. Richard Goffman
4. Jasmyne Emmerick
5. Destiny Booze
6. Janet Durbin
7. Coast 2 Coast Pen Pals
8. Randy Gonzalez
9. Gary D. Henry
10. Gabriel Madison
11. Donna Michaels
12. Sharon McGregor
13. Russell H. Plante
14. Wanda Snow Porter
15. Rebecca Skovgaard
16. Frank Sullivan
17. Athina Simon
18. D.M. Thornton
Part III: My Questions to My Nominees
Should you accept my nomination and thereby post your acceptance by sharing the Liebster Award – here are your questions:
1. What teacher made the most impact on you and why?
2. What do you feel most proud of?
3. What do you feel is the best thing you have ever written? Why?
4. Where do you get your ideas from?
5. What kind of books do you like to read best?
6. What is your best childhood memory? What is your worst?
7. If you had a chance for a ‘do-over’ in life, what would that be?
8. How do you feel about the “Fifty Shades of Gray” series?
9. If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be and why?
10. What do you want people to remember the most about you?
11. If you won the lottery, what would you do?”