I have been fortunate enough to have engaged with some wonderful and enlightening creators during my brief time blogging. Every comment I read when someone finds my work to be interesting or entertaining gives me the warmest smile and can really turn my mood around. Thank you for taking your incredibly valuable time and sharing it with me.
I was blown away when WidowCranky nominated me for the Liebster Award, and the comment where she let me know made my day. Thank you for the thought and nomination, knowing you appreciate this fantastical world we create gives inspiration to dream on. (Play Aerosmith here). And these things are always fun!
What is the Liebster Award?
This is an award given out to bloggers by bloggers to show appreciation and recognition for contributing to the online community. From my understanding, the goal of the award is to keep creators networking and inspiring one another. Onward!
What are the rules?
–Give a shout out to the blogger who nominated you.
–Answer their questions to you.
–Nominate 5-11 bloggers for the Liebster Award.
–Write your own 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
–Inform those whom you have nominated.
Part I: Questions from WidowCranky, my thoughtful nominator:
- What inspires you? This is a huge question. There isn’t much that doesn’t inspire me. I burnt my breakfast the other day and felt inspired to compare love and life to fire in a post right here on my blog. I came home, saw my fireplace and felt inspired to take a photo shoot to promote my book (post to come). From capturing those photos, I day dreamed about having an audio book and then, recorded a reading in front of the fireplace (still in editing). I suppose life itself is my inspiration and I just need to slow down enough to appreciate it – sometimes easier said than done.
- What what your favorite book growing up? First it was “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie” and later became “Tao Te Ching” and the “Harry Potter” series. I always found pleasure in cookies, philosophy and magic – the 3 wonders of living.
- Who is your favorite artist? Bayside is one of my long time favorites if I’m speaking of music. In the realm of poetry I would have to say Henry David Thoreau. As an author it would be J.K Rowling. As a chef, it would be my wife, Nikki Grimm.
- What is something that has moved you deeply? I have had many moments throughout my years where life has moved me. My most recent time, earlier this week, as my manager was speaking about his vision for the company to be one driven by openness and happiness – I was moved by his passion to create; not just a workplace, but an environment built around positive energy. It was inspiring.
- What do you find truly funny? Some amazon product reviews. Check out the $50k speakers review – hysterical!
- What is your favorite beverage…alcoholic or otherwise? They call me… Shirley Temple 😉
- Do you have a quirk? If so what is it? Hahaha I am a quirk! One that sticks out is that I have been known to speak openly about sexual innuendos in settings that might be public or inappropriate – lol!
- Do you think you are an inspiration to others? I seriously hope so, but I feel that it is sometimes difficult to take me seriously. I am a fairly ridiculous person and while that keeps me happy and in good spirits, others may find it irritating enough to not be inspiring.
- Marmite… yes or no? I have never had it before, but I can safely say I would be open to try it.
- If you could own anything, what would be your prized possession? I already own it, it is my house. I never would’ve imagined I would become a homeowner no less to a home as filled with love as this has become. Thank you Nikki!
- What grinds your gears? Ignorance, racism, and traffic.
Part II: Nominate
- D.C. Caruso
- Eleanor Wagner
- R.K. Lander
- One Day At A Time
- A Booknerd Travels
- Life, Law, and Other Things
- Young Meets Free
- Johnny Two Plates
- Let’s Talk Depression
- The Mind of a Misunderstood Soul
- Written in the Ink
Part III: My Questions to My Nominees
Should you accept my nomination and thereby post your acceptance by sharing the Liebster Award – here are your questions:
- What inspires you?
- How do you define a ‘good friend’ and who are yours?
- What food makes you hungry just thinking about it?
- What is your dream job? How can you do it?
- What was the best day of your life and why?
- How often do you daydream? About what?
- How easy would it be to live without any technology for a month?
- Define Love.
- Do you think Harry and Hermione should’ve been together instead of Ron?
- Have you ever had an epiphany? If so, what?
- If you were emperor/empress of the world, how would you use your power?
Thank you very much for all of the love and support that comes from right here in the blogging and author community. You make good things great and great things – amazing!